Every Friday I am hoping to be able to write out my exercise levels from the week before and perhaps any relevant comments about my diet. I will measure myself monthly and wait until my November hospital appointment to be weighed.
Exercise last week
- Fetched my own breakfast instead of asking Elder Son.
- Walked around the block (10 mins). Reasonably quick pace. Result: raised heart rate, some wheezing, but recovered quite quickly.
- Went out to the Library and then to supermarket café, so some more walking.
- Slightly more active around the house. Made my own lunch and got my own drinks most of the time.
- Fetched my own breakfast.
- Walked around the block (9 mins). At almost my normal pace from before I was ill. Slightly puffed but nothing much.
- Some activity around the house. Made my own lunch etc.
- Sat in garden reading for two hours in the afternoon.
- Very poor night’s sleep due to highly stressful evening. Woke up very early feeling ill.
- Breakfast brought to me.
- No walk as I was too ill. Did go downstairs for a couple of hours and made own lunch.
- In bed for most of the day.
- Walked around the block in 9 mins and recovered quickly.
- Made all of my own drinks and meals until evening meal.
- Stayed downstairs for around 6 hours, including reading in the garden.
- Very poor night’s sleep due to heat. Ill all day and stayed in bed.
- Went downstairs a couple of times to make drinks and meals.
- Coughing fit whilst eating lunch.
- Very hot day but managed to walk around the block in 10 minutes with quick recovery.
- Most meals brought to me by family members.
- Most of day spent in bed struggling with the heat.
- Extremely hot day. Walked around the block a bit slower than usual and took longer to recover.
- Stayed downstairs for a couple of hours but returned to bed.
- Struggling to breathe in the heat.
- Another very hot day. Unable to walk as I was feeling totally debilitated.
- Stayed in bed with multiple fans on.
- Managed to make some meals and drinks myself, involving going up and down the stairs a few times.
I am wondering why on Earth I picked this week to start my exercise programme! It has been one of the hottest ever in England. Anyway, I have done my best to increase my exercise levels and I have also kept to my diet plan with only one “naughty” addition – an iced lolly that Younger Son brought home for me the other day as a nice surprise.
The weather is due to change over the next few days with a lot of rain forecast and much lower temperatures, so I should be able to recover a bit and carry on with my plans. I will post again next Friday so that I can keep a record of what I am doing in the hopes that this stops me from giving up!
Hope you all have a great weekend.