Every Friday I am hoping to be able to write out my exercise levels from the week before and perhaps any relevant comments about my diet. I will measure myself every four weeks and wait until my November hospital appointment to be weighed.
The table below shows my measurement taken four weeks after the plan was started on 20th July 2018. I am unable to weigh myself, as we don’t have any bathroom scales at the moment, so cannot work out my current BMI. I am also unsure of my dress size, but expect that it has not changed.
|Height||5ft 4ins||5ft 4 ins|
|Chest||42ins (to nearest inch)||40ins|
As you can see, I have made a little progress! I am pleased that I have apparently slimmed down even a small amount, especially as I have not been able to keep up my good start to the exercise plan. Despite that, I have really tried to keep to the diet and have only lapsed a couple of times.
Exercise last week
- Went for a walk in the morning. Legs felt strong, but chest weak and very wheezy when I got home. Managed a few household jobs.
- Ill all day again although did manage a few tasks.
- Woke up in excruciating pain with acid reflux, then coughing and felt very ill and weak all day.
- Much better day. Went out for a walk in the morning and stayed downstairs for a few hours. Stronger.
- Had a very bad set of coughing fits last night and woke up with acid reflux. Very weak and anxious all day. Stayed in bed.
- Very bad coughing attack the evening before, plus tipped hot tea over myself. Weak ankle giving me pain.
- Did manage to go downstairs for a few hours and also did a few household tasks.
- Ate a cherry scone!
- Again coughing in the night and woke up with ankle pain.
- Went out to the Library and also lunch in a local pub. Definitely broke my diet as I had steak pie and chips – very naughty!
- Very tired when we got home so went to bed.
So, after four weeks I can say that the first two were pretty good and consistent, despite the hot weather. I felt well enough to walk around the block most days. I had hoped to add in the chair gym for week three onwards, but instead found that I was unable to walk very often as my illnesses kicked back in, and during week four as well. I can only hope that I feel stronger next week as I am determined to try to improve my health and fitness.
Wish me luck!
Hope you all have a great weekend.