I am keeping myself very busy today with work for my local food bank, as I wrote in a post the other day. When I visited them, I thought that I would be able to get on with things fairly quickly, but the usual family stuff got in the way and then, when I tried to force myself to start, I found that my mind kept sliding away. Concentration is such an issue for me these days. I have always been a terrible procrastinator, but now I think I am even worse.
So, I used my tried and trusted method:
- Read any notes and paperwork through, whilst drinking tea, then put it down and leave it all for a
weekday or two.
- Start writing, just write stuff down, keep writing and writing as ideas come. Shout at anyone who interrupts, lose your train of thought and
sweargrit your teeth.
- Have a cup of tea to calm down.
- Then, read everything through and begin to put the words and sentences into a better order.
- Maybe leave it all to stew in your mind for
several daysa while.
- Read the notes and paperwork you have been given again.
- Perhaps a nice cup of tea is needed here?
- Go back to the writing and add in anything new from your reading and thinking.
- Leave it all again for an hour or two (tea time!).
- Now do all of the tweaking and final editing.
- Have another cup of tea whilst Lovely Husband or Younger Son read it all through.
- Any final tweaking then finish it all off!
Well, that seems to have worked for me and I am now ready to email it all to our local food bank staff. It will be interesting to see what they think. I had better make some tea now that I have completed this first stage.
I am very excited about it all!
Oh, this isn’t an Outfit of the Day post because I stayed in my pyjamas all day working in bed on my iPad 😀…
….with the odd cup of tea…
If you want to find out about the work of The Trussell Trust in supporting food banks, have a look at their website.