This should really have been an Outfit of the Day post, but just as I was going to get dressed to go out, I had a coughing fit and had to come up to bed. So instead I will talk about the new clothes I ordered last week and how I could have worn some of them today.
Right at the beginning of this blog, I wrote a set of Wardrobe Planning posts about how I worked out which colours I wanted to have in my closet in terms of base colours and accent colours. You may remember this colour wheel that I developed.
Now that I have run with this overall plan for my clothes for quite a while, I can easily see, when I check my wardrobe rails and my lists on Evernote, where I have gaps. So, when an opportunity arose last week – Lands’ End 25% offer – I already had a clear idea of what I actually needed – cardigan and vests – and which colours – lilac/purple. So, this is what I ordered:
The parcel arrived very quickly on Saturday and I must say I am very pleased with the garments. I already have cardigans and a vest in these designs, so I am familiar with the fit, and the colours are FAB. Both vests have enough contrast to go well with the cardigan and I also have several other items which will also fit, such as a purple cotton mix short sleeved top, various t-shirts, beige chinos, linen trousers etc.
Loads of my accessories also look great with these new clothes. Here are some as examples:
In the centre, I have laid out the clothes and have placed the following on top:
- Enamel and gold bangles in lilac and purple – Halcyon Days.
- Horn pendant in purple – QueCraft.
- Leather and gold bracelet in grape – Ferragamo.
- Silk scarf 90cm in purple, blue, turquoise, red – Hera – Liberty of London.
- Quilled paper earrings in purple and gold – VBPureDesigns via Etsy.
- Silk scarf 90cm in lilac, green, beige – Escales Mediterranéenes – Hermès.
- Amethyst and silver stud earrings – Blue Nile.
- Silk scarf 90cm in lilac, aqua, blue – Dans un Jardin Anglais – Hermès.
- Enamel and gold bangles in purple, lilac, aqua, turquoise, red – Hera – Liberty of London.
Reading Roundup tomorrow!