I actually went out of the house today! Amazing! Well, perhaps not so amazing as it was only for a dentist appointment, but it was a start. She told me that my teeth and gums are in good condition, so at least some things are not crumbling. I have also booked in to see the hygienist to get rid of the stains on my teeth. I am sure these have been caused by the amount of tea I drink 😄😄.
So, today’s outfit was:
- Silk scarf in shades of blue, white and grey – Le Jardin de la Maharani – Hermès. In a bias fold and then held in a MaiTai horn scarf ring. This way the lovely border and contrast hem can be shown off.
- Bright navy cotton mix short-sleeved top – Lands’ End.
- Bright navy cotton mix cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Indigo jeans – Klass.
- Silver Celtic-style earrings.
- Blue and white enamel, with crystals and gold, Owl bangle – Halcyon Days.
I have been thinking to day about my first public library, The Beaney, in Canterbury, where I lived as a child. My Mum used to take me and my sister there from a very young age and I would read all of my books, then my sister’s and then my Mum’s in a fortnight. The library and its staff were an inspiration to me. I wanted to grow up to be just like the glamorous library assistant who worked with children. We weren’t allowed to buy comics at home, but I used to sit at a table in the library window (the large one on the ground floor, left-hand side) whilst my Mum went shopping, and read all of the comics and magazines I could find.
When Younger Son went to Uni in Canterbury, it was forty years since my family had moved away from the city. I loved visiting him there and retracing my steps as a child and young teenager. It is such a beautiful place and I would love to live there again.
Happy times 😀😀.
I am hoping to publish a Scarf of the Moment post on Mythiques Phoenix Coloriage tomorrow. As I have been having some difficulties this week, I may not finish it. If not, I will try to complete it next week.