I do hope that all readers had great weekends. Ours was OK and pretty uneventful, which is good. I suffered quite a few severe coughing attacks, including a couple of nasty ones today, so have been forced to stay in bed where I am in easy reach of the bathroom. Let’s hope that my health starts to improve soon.
Yesterday, I did manage to get dressed and out of bed for a while. I decided that it was time to wear Alice Shirley’s lovely Tyger, Tyger scarf. This one is definitely a cold weather design and colourway, in my opinion. The colours – navy, browns, turquoise, deep reds, teal – are rich and autumnal. There is also a clever use of shimmering pale colours to depict the moon shining on the edges of foliage and flowers and also tiny silvery stars in the night sky above. I played around with various tops and cardigans, experimenting to see which colours look best with the scarf, and I think that these worked. The brick top nicely highlights the similar shades in the Tyger’s tail.
- Antique brick cotton mix short-sleeved top – Lands’ End.
- Bright navy, cotton mix cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Indigo jeans – Cotton Traders.
- Gold “waterfall” earrings.
- Navy enamel and gold large bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Silk scarf, 90 cm, in blues, teals, red and browns – Tyger, Tyger – Hermès. I used my favourite asymmetric wrap to show off the lovely contrast hem.