Well, I have had a very tough few days, in fact the three of us have found life pretty difficult. Coughing attacks have been coming along in pairs and we have all been upset and tense, resulting in arguing and disagreements. I have to hope that my health recovers quickly and that we can all calm down.
Now on to more trivial things! I have been trying out grey as my second neutral/base colour, instead of brown, and I think the decision is now made: I will not buy any more clothing in brown. It simply doesn’t work well now with my grey hair and colouring. I have the following items in grey:
- Mid grey short sleeved cashmere top – John Lewis.
- Pale grey crew-neck cashmere cardigan – Pure Collection.
- Dark grey mixed fibres long cardigan – Marks and Spencer.
- Dark grey acrylic cable jumper – Klass.
- Charcoal cotton crew-neck twinset – Lands’ End.
- Pale grey cotton stretch cord trousers – Lands’ End.
- Charcoal stretch zip leggings – Sainsbury’s Tu.
I think it would be useful to add in a couple of items as some of those listed above are quite old and shabby: dark grey jeans and a pale grey cashmere jumper, perhaps a vest or a t-shirt at a later date.
In terms of accessories, I have quite a few scarves and jewellery items that look great with grey, such as my Hermès Baobab Cat gavroche in bright pink and Le Jardin de la Maharani 90cm in navy and grey, the Leonard feather mousseline scarf in blue and tan, my gold and grey crystal Swarovski earrings and my MaiTai mother of pearl scarf ring.
Back in the Autumn, I bought a gorgeous lilac cashmere v-neck jumper from Marks and Spencer. I deliberately chose a size larger than usual as I wanted it to feel loose and comfortable. This has been such a successful purchase that I decided to get another one in silver grey. I wouldn’t normally buy cashmere at this time of year, but this is very light and I think I will still get some wear out of it before really warm weather takes over. It is such a great addition to my wardrobe and I wore it today with an old scarf in black and ivory. This scarf is a rectangular shape and has architectural details in ivory on a black background. To counteract the kind of monochrome look, I wore a bright pink lipstick. I think this works?
- Silver grey cashmere v-neck jumper – Marks and Spencer.
- Charcoal stretch zip leggings – Sainsbury’s Tu. I
hopethink that I can just get away with these!
- Silver, marcasite, and abalone shell Art Deco earrings. Present from my sister.
- Black and ivory architectural stole. Present from a friend. Tied with a slip knot to show off the details.
More with my new jumper tomorrow, I hope.