It is such a lovely day again and so I wore my most “Spring-like” scarf: Hermès’ Dans un Jardin Anglais, designed by Alice Shirley. It depicts a beautiful English garden in full bloom with flowers, trees in blossom, fresh grass and a wealth of animals, insects and birds. It is a wonderful, happy scarf and always lifts my mood.
The background colour is the most exquisite shade of purple and so it goes very well with my clothes and accessories in that colour.
- Purple cotton mix short-sleeved top – Lands’ End.
- Purple cotton mix round neck cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Indigo cotton jeans – Cotton Traders.
- Amethyst and gold botanical style earrings – craft centre near Torquay. I also wore the matching ring, which has leaves and berries in gold but no amethysts.
- Purple leather and pale gold wrap Gancia bracelet – Ferragamo.
- Silk scarf, 90cm, in lilac, purple, aqua, green and orange – Dans un Jardin Anglais – Hermès. Tied using a MaiTai purple lacquered horn scarf ring.
I had a couple of library books to pick up and drop off today, so Lovely Husband kindly drove me into town. Whilst I was in the Library, I also sorted out my access to the new “Smart Library” system, which enables members to go into the Library when it is unstaffed. As a retired professional Librarian, I cannot say that I am enamoured of this idea as it severely cuts staff hours and pay. It does, however, help to keep our libraries open during these terrible times with huge cuts to public services’ budgets.
Elder Son has been away for a few days and is coming back home tonight, so I had better prepare myself for all of the tales about his adventures!
PS. If you are particularly interested in the Dans un Jardin Anglais scarf, you could look at my Scarf of the Moment post here.