I was well enough to go to the hairdresser’s and the library this morning – hooray! It was so nice to feel strong enough to select and put on a lovely set of clothing and accessories. So uplifting. And, of course, I really like having my hair done properly. The grey and white doesn’t photograph very well as the colours seem to disappear against my skin, but I am still pleased with the result. Here are the before and after photos:
My scarf choice was the gorgeous Jaguar Quetzal by Alice Shirley for Hermès. These purple and lilac shades with denim blue, pink and yellow are simply wonderful and work well with my clothes and the Massaccesi Victoria handbag. I also wore my newish Hotter lace up shoes in polar white, which is a kind of pale greyish mauve.
- Violet orchid cotton sleeveless vest – Lands’ End.
- Frosted lavender cotton-mix crew neck cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Navy linen-mix trousers – Isle Collection.
- Crystal and silver stud earrings – John Lewis.
- New iris leather and pale gold Vara wrap bracelet – Ferragamo. This matches the scarf’s rolled contrast hem.
- Amethyst pebbled leather Victoria handbag – Massaccesi.
- Silk scarf, 90cm, in mauve, violet, denim blue and yellow – Jaguar Quetzal – Hermès. Tied in an asymmetric wrap.
I am planning to write an extra long Reading Roundup post tomorrow to make up for missing last week’s.