I was really hoping yesterday evening, that I would be well enough to go out today. We did go out, but, in the end, not for long. We only made it as far as the Library, where I chose my next “to read” book pile, and then we returned home as we were both feeling very tired. Both Lovely Husband and I woke up very early this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep, so I ended up drinking tea and iPadding at 5.30! It seems a really strange thing to do when I have retired and don’t have to get up for work.
In order to make myself perk up, I actually put on some makeup and dressed up in my new scarf with a pretty outfit. I had remembered this lovely cashmere roll neck jumper in a mauve which exactly matches one of the colours on the scarf. It has hardly ever been worn as it didn’t go with anything else in my wardrobe. It was also a slightly mistaken purchase. When I saw the jumper on the Marks and Spencer website, the colour appeared to be different and was called “purple”. Well, it definitely isn’t that colour! For the collage below, I couldn’t find a good image match to the jumper so have left it out. The image in the selfie is very close to the right shade.
- Mauve cashmere roll-neck jumper – Marks and Spencer.
- Indigo jeans – Cotton Traders.
- Amethyst and gold earrings – craft centre near Torquay.
- Purple leather and gold wrap bracelet – Ferragamo.
- Silk scarf, 90 cm, in mauve, violet, pink and yellow – Jaguar Quetzal – Hermès. Tied in an asymmetric wrap, which really shows off the design and the gorgeous denim blue rolled hem.
I adore this scarf already and am so pleased that I chose this particular colourway. Which are your favourites from this new season? I wish I could afford some more.
Happy weekend to you all.