I was a bit low both physically and mentally over the weekend. As I am spending so much time in bed these days, I am beginning to question why I am collecting so many scarves and other accessories, when I can’t go out wearing them. Mind you, in my small town I don’t think that anyone would really notice How I am dressed.
So, thinking it over once again, the questions really are:
(1) Who am I wearing these lovely (and often very expensive) items for?
(2) Do I really want complete strangers to know my scarf is Hermès or Ferragamo, or who designed my jewellery?
The answers to to these are:
(1) I wear them for myself, to help my confidence when my appearance has been badly affected by illness, and for my family – I plaster a smile on my face so that they don’t worry too much. And (2) not really, that would be showing off!
So, I think that I have talked myself out of this present malaise, at least for a while. Today, even though I knew we would be indoors all day, I decided to wear a lovely scarf and some of my favourite jewellery. Just for me, and also for Lovely Husband.
- Purple wool-mix jumper – Tommy Hilfiger.
- Navy cotton v-neck base layer – Sainsbury’s. Image is of a similar item.
- Navy cotton jogging pants – Cotton Traders.
- Amethyst and silver stud earrings – Blue Nile.
- Purple leather and gold wrap bracelet – Ferragamo.
- Silk scarf, 90cm, in purple, fuchsia, green, teal, burgundy and shades of blue – L’Arbre du Vent – Hermès. Tied in an asymmetric wrap to show off the gorgeous contrast rolled hem.
I love the rich colours of this scarf!