Yes, I finally managed to go into town and have my long-awaited haircut! Whoop! I had my last hairdo in December last year, then was too ill for the next two appointments. It is also eight months since my hair was last dyed.
So, this is what I looked like as I left the house this morning…
And, on the right, this is what I looked like when I arrived home. The left-hand photo was taken after applying a smidgen of makeup. In real life I am now almost totally grey; the photo doesn’t quite show the right colours (caused by either the poor quality light or reflections from the cream wardrobe doors behind me). I have a very silvery-white streak at the front and similar at the sides, with the rest varying in tone from silver to iron grey.
There is only about an inch left of the dark blonde dye on the longest strands; most is now totally au naturel. I love it! I really like the shades and tones from dark grey to silver. It looks so much nicer than the more monotone look of my previously dyed hair. Here is a photo of the back:
And, I am pleased to say, Lovely Husband really likes my hair too 💗💗💗.
I think it will only take a couple more months for all of the dyed hair to finally grow out and then I will be all “me” again. It will be interesting to see if my hair curls as much as it used to. I also like this shorter haircut much more than the longer version that I have had for the last few years.
Oh, and the outfit?
- White cotton crew-neck t-shirt – Sainsbury’s Tu.
- Navy blue with white spots, viscose mix cardigan – Klass. No separate image available.
- Indigo jeans – Cotton Traders.
- Pink pearl and gold earrings – craft centre in Cardiff.
- Coral enamel and gold Agama bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Cream enamel and gold Byzantine bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Silk gavroche, 45cm, in grey, white, denim blue and pink – Savana Dance – Hermès.
Reading Roundup post tomorrow for all of you fellow bookworms.