I am so happy and pleased! After yesterday, when I spent the whole day in bed feeling sorry for myself, today has been such a contrast. 😀😀😀
Yesterday evening, I set up a new alarm clock as I have been wallowing in bed until really late in the morning. Younger Son is going through some difficulties at the moment and one of the things we are trying to help him with is living a more regulated and organised life. So, I decided that I should work on similar issues myself and have set my new alarm for a more sensible time in the morning.
Today, I got up, put on a nice outfit and some makeup, and went downstairs to see Lovely Husband. As he needed to pick up a new pair of glasses, we went into town this afternoon, did a few errands and then went to a garden centre for a cup of tea. I pushed myself to walk further than I have done for ages and really enjoyed pottering around the concession shops. When we got home, I sat reading in the garden for an hour or so.
Yes, I know that, to most healthy and fit people, this is not much of an achievement, but, to me, it is wonderful and thrilling!
Anyway, here is my collage with today’s outfit:
- Cobalt blue, cotton mix twin-set – Lands’ End. The cardigan in the collage is representing the whole twin-set!
- Indigo jeans – Cotton Traders.
- Bright blue crystal and silver earrings – Sonrisa Boutique.
- Cobalt blue enamel and gold Agama bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Cream enamel and gold Byzantine bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Blue and cream enamel, crystal and gold Owl bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Silk gavroche, 45cm, in pink, orange, blue, green and yellow – Bibliothéque – Hermès. Tied using my home-made contraption to show off more of this vibrant little scarf. More about this in an earlier post.
I really enjoy wearing bright colours like these and am happy with my casual outfits as they are appropriate for my current lifestyle. I really don’t want to descent to “bag lady” style – perhaps like this Moschino design…