What a storm we had on Saturday night! I don’t think I have ever seen or heard anything like it before. The lightning was so plentiful and rapid that the night sky looked like day. And as for the rain…
The air felt so muggy and heavy over the weekend that my various conditions were aggravated considerably. I have been a little better today and so feel able to write a short post.
I did my twice yearly task of swapping my summer and winter clothes over between wardrobes and was pretty shocked to realise that I have very few “bottoms” suitable for warmer weather. As I have embraced my grey hair, I decided to remove most brown/beige clothing, apart from a pair of chinos and a leopard print top. I held all of the tops up against my face and they did nothing for me. In fact, I looked really ill! When that was done, I tried on everything left and realised that hardly anything fits as I have put on so much weight since last year ☹️☹️☹️. I have decided to keep my small number of tan accessories (boots, sandals, handbags) as they look good with navy, my main neutral.
Anyway, my next task is to try to find some inexpensive skirts and trousers for warm weather that actually fit me. Nothing looks worse than trying to squeeze overweight flesh into clothing that is too small! I had a look around for a couple of navy skirts and will also seek out some new linen trousers. All will be revealed when I find the right items.
I don’t have a good outfit from today as I have been, basically, slobbing around, but here is a selfie from Saturday’s attempt to dress up a bit:
- White cotton crew-neck t-shirt – Sainsbury’s Tu.
- Cobalt cotton mix cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Indigo jeans – Cotton Traders.
- Multi-colour enamel earrings.
- Cobalt enamel and gold Curb Chain bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Silk scarf, 90cm, in yellow, turquoise, blue, green, pink and orange – Au Coeur de la Vie – Hermès. Bias fold tie to show off the amazing details of this scarf, using a MaiTai horn scarf ring.