Well, I feel like a limp lettuce today! Not really surprising after the events of yesterday. Lovely Husband had to endure a very unpleasant medical procedure at the hospital. He was worried about the operation itself and also what might be found. Over the preceding few days, he had to take some horrible meds and also deal with a nasty diet which was very difficult for him to manage as he also suffers from diabetes. Of course, I was also very worried for him and, as you may know, worry and stress exacerbate my own conditions. I really wanted to be able to support him through this ordeal.
Yesterday, I was determined to go with him to the hospital so that I could be there for him and also drive him home afterwards, if necessary. I was so scared that my own illnesses would prevent me from doing this or, somehow, put the spotlight on me rather than on him. Anyway, it all turned out fine in the end. The procedure was successful and the results were excellent. We are both so relieved! LH is slowly ticking off a list of issues that he is having to face and, so far, everything has been fine.
Today has been restful. We were both very tired and I have spent the day mostly in bed, managing a few easy household tasks. I did try to get up and I did get dressed, but quickly realised that being out of bed was too much for me. So, here is today’s outfit, even if I only wore it for a few minutes!
- White cotton crew necked t-shirt – Sainsbury’s Tu.
- Bright navy cotton mix cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Navy and white linen trousers – Isle Collection.
- Blue resin and silver earrings.
- Blue iris leather and white gold Vara bow bracelet – Ferragamo.
- Silk scarf, 70cm, in ivory and blue – Laws of the Game of Cricket – Liberty of London. Tied in a simple criss-cross knot using a bias fold and a MaiTai horn scarf ring.
I hope that the lovely weather continues over the weekend and that you all have a wonderful time.