Is it that day again? How has it come around so fast! Yes, it is my birthday today – 62, eek!
I dragged myself out of bed this morning and put on a very nice outfit, if I say so myself. We had planned to go out to a lovely pub for lunch, but it was not to be. Sadly, Lovely Husband didn’t feel fit enough to go so I am back here in bed with the outfit hung up again. Perhaps we can manage it all tomorrow.
First of all, I will show you my presents. You have already seen some of them as I bought them a while ago – the butterfly brooch (Elder Son) and the bright blue Massaccesi midi Muse handbag (LH). But I can now use them, which is great!
Younger Son sent me a copy of Mary Beard’s fab book – Women and Power: a Manifesto – and a Game of Thrones heat sensitive mug, which I will try out with my next cup of tea. I bought myself some amazing purple ankle boots, which I will show you properly tomorrow.
- Lilac cashmere v-neck jumper – Marks and Spencer.
- Indigo jeans – Cotton Traders.
- Purple suede ankle boots – Duo Boots.
- Amethyst and silver earrings – Blue Nile.
- Amethyst and brown diamond cocktail ring.
- Silk scarf, 90cm, in mauve, violet and sulphur yellow – Jaguar Quetzal – Hermès. Tied in a cowboy cowl knot.
Right, I will now go back to sitting in bed, sipping some tea, eating something naughty but nice and reading my latest book 😀.