I had planned to write about some of my other Christmas gifts today, but I am feeling very pleased that I was actually able to go out, so I will post about that instead. Yes, it was only to the Library and the supermarket café, but even these destinations feel like a real achievement.
My new book pile has now been chosen and stacked next to my bed and I have picked up the next book in Pierce Brown’s Red Rising Saga: Iron Gold. It is a shiny new hardback and I think that I may be the first person to borrow it. Whilst in the Library, I recommended the first three books in the series to the staff and reserved some more new reads.
We then had a quick drink and a wander around the supermarket, greeting Elder Son when he walked past on his way to a break. I picked up a few essential items and we then came back home. I am now in bed resting and writing this blog post.
Oh, and I mentioned in yesterday’s post that I was thinking about contacting a counsellor? In the evening I emailed a lovely man who saw me a few years ago and have made an appointment for next week. I am hoping that this will help me to deal with a lot of issues that are bad,y affecting my mental health.
- Navy cotton cable jumper – Lands’ End.
- Grey stretch cotton cord trousers – Lands’ End.
- Navy suede ankle boots – Duo Boots.
- Crystal and gold tone owl earrings – Sainsbury’s Tu.
- Bluebell and cream enamel, crystal and gold Owl bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Silk scarf, 90cm, in navy, grey, blue and white – Owl in the City – Aspinal. Tied in what the Purse Forum calls a “fifi” knot, named after very lovely member.
I did wonder about wearing my cute owl brooch as well, but decided that this would be a step too far!
I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.