Oh, life is so frustrating at the moment! I was all dressed up this morning and about to leave for my counselling session (appointment moved to today), when I simply collapsed back in my chair. I was shaking uncontrollably and felt so weak and sick that it was impossible to travel. Elder Son helped me back to bed and I have stayed here all day.
Yesterday, I was able to go to the Library to borrow quite a large pile of reserved books and to the Post Office to pick up a parcel. I had misjudged the weather and hadn’t put on my raincoat and, of course, the heavens opened, just when I was in between the two places. I was soaked, despite trying to run (ha, ha!) and take cover at various points. I walked into the Library looking like a drowned rat (albeit a rat in very nice clothes and an Hermès gavroche!).
So, here we have today’s outfit…
- Bright turquoise cotton mix short sleeved top – Lands’ End.
- Bright turquoise crew neck cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Indigo cotton jeans – Klass.
- Turquoise enamel and gold Giraffe bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Turquoise and gold Egyptian revival Art Deco earrings – AngelineDresserSilks via Etsy.
- Silk gavroche, 45cm, in turquoise, blue, green, yellow and pink – Appaloosa des Steppes – Hermès. Tied in a simple cowboy knot.
Yes, I know appaloosas don’t really go with Ancient Egypt, but the colours of the earrings and the bangle matched those of the twinset exactly and I like the way that the arrow shape of the earrings mirror the cowboy knot and the triangles on the gavroche’s border. I do have reasons for choosing my accessories – they may be a little odd, but there is some kind of method there!
Well, I will now try to cheer myself up as much as I can for the rest of the day.
PS. If you are particularly interested in the Appaloosa des Steppes gavroche, you could look at my Scarf of the Moment post here.