Welcome to today’s post! I am really pleased because I actually managed to go out again this week. On Tuesday, I was actually feeling quite strong and asked Lovely Husband if he could drive us around the countryside (some of you may remember that I am no longer allowed to drive since I had a stroke back in 2019). So we did our usual thing of going to a garden centre, having a drink and then walking around for a while. I felt so pleased by even this little bit of exercise!
Also, it gave me the opportunity to wear something nice! Here is my outfit:
- Navy short sleeved cotton top – Lands’ End.
- Navy cotton cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Navy stretch cord trousers – Lands’ End.
- Blue crystal and silver earrings – Sonrisa Boutique.
- Blue enamel and gold curb chain bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Purple Africa leather handbag – Massaccesi.
- Silk scarf, 90 cm, in cobalt blue, turquoise, and green – Plumes en Fête – Hermès. Tied in an asymmetric wrap.
A navy blue “column” (top and bottom) like this is very useful and versatile. You can do this with any of your base colours in your wardrobe. My other base colour is grey. Against the base, you can choose any accent colours that you have. In this case, I used brighter blues with a pop of purple for interest. I might use this set of clothing again next week with a different scarf, just to see how it works.
This Plumes en Fête scarf is so gorgeous that it needs a larger picture:
You may remember that I also have the cashmere/silk shawl version of this design:
And on that note of feathery loveliness I will sign off, wishing you all a very Happy Weekend!
Love and best wishes,
Pingback: Friday post 27/10/22 with even more blue | The Librain……retired