I persuaded Lovely Husband to take me into town this afternoon to pick up my eBay parcel. Also, our kettle had broken with a loud bang, fusing all of the lights, so we needed to buy a new one quickly – I didn’t fancy boiling water on the hob for my numerous pots of tea! After finishing these small chores, we ended up in the supermarket cafe again and saw Elder Son. He is now learning how to manage the till – so proud to see his continuing progress.
- Bright navy, cotton mix, short-sleeved top – Lands’ End.
- Bright navy, cotton mix cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Indigo jeans – Cotton Traders.
- Grey crystal and gold earrings – Swarovski. These adapt into studs as the dangles can be removed.
- Blue and cream enamel, crystal, and gold, Owl bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Blue, white and lilac silk 90cm scarf – Hera – Liberty of London. Tied in a criss-cross knot using a MaiTai scarf ring.
In my parcel was another scarf by Liberty of London, well, more of a shawl. I have said before that my favourite patterns are Liberty’s Hera and Ianthe. This shawl is the Ianthe design in veruna wool in navy, blue, turquoise, beige and red. I am sure it will keep me lovely and warm through the Winter months. It’s also very gratifying that I bought it for such a good price – that thought will warm me up too! Maybe one day I will manage to own an Hermès cashmere and silk shawl, but I would probably have to win the lottery or save up for months and months.
What do you think of it?
I hope that all readers of this blog have a wonderful weekend.