I sincerely hope that readers had a better weekend than I did. Things went rather pear-shaped and I ended up having one of the worst coughing attacks ever. At some moments I thought that I would not survive, it was that bad. So it has been pretty miraculous that I have been able to get up at all today.
You may notice that I even put on a bit of make-up! This red cashmere jumper has been in my wardrobe for years. Even though I don’t really wear red these days, I decided to put it on today to give myself some rosy colour. Lipstick was necessary to ensure that I didn’t look washed out – I hate wearing it, mind you! I know that it looks nice, but I cannot bear the feeling of it on my lips and I tend to bite it off.
- Cherry red, cashmere, round neck jumper – Pure Collection. This image is the nearest I could find as I didn’t like my own attempt to photograph it. Mine has quite a low round neckline with three-quarter sleeves.
- Navy cotton joggers – Cotton Traders.
- Navy suede slippers – Lands’ End.
- Turquoise and red earrings.
- Navy enamel and gold bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Navy, turquoise, red and beige, varuna wool shawl in Ianthe – Liberty of London.
I am pleased that I managed to go downstairs for a few hours and also do a couple of household jobs. Perhaps I will be able to do more tomorrow.