As I prepare to write this blog post, I am feeling quite contented. It would be such a tiny thing in most people’s lives, but is such a big deal in mine. Yes, Lovely Husband took me to the local library to change my books and then we went out for a cuppa. He did steer me away from a piece of cake, though. I am far too overweight, but that cake looked very compelling!
To compliment my new blackberry twinset from Lands’ End, I dug out Hermès’ L’Arbre du Vent. This gorgeous scarf has shades of fuschia, denim blue, purple, teal, green and a deep red and looked wonderful with this dark purple. My Liberty of London bangle has very similar colours too.
- Blackberry, cotton mix, short-sleeved top – Lands’ End.
- Blackberry, cotton mix cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Indigo jeans – Cotton Traders.
- Multi-colour enamel and rose gold bangle – Liberty of London.
- Amethyst and silver stud earrings – Blue Nile.
- Silk scarf, 90cm, in fuschia, purple, green, teal and blue – L’Arbre du Vent – Hermès. Tied in an asymmetric wrap. The colours of the scarf and the bangle are much closer than they appear in the photos.
As we drove home, the sun was still shining with that lovely golden light. It has been such a remarkable October with mainly warm and sunny weather. Let’s hope that November is as pleasant too.