Hairdresser day! Yes, it is six weeks since my last haircut and I am so pleased that I was able to go. Lovely Husband drove me there and back and I was even strong enough to walk across town to my favourite shop. More about that later.
First of all, here is my usual before and after photo collage. It is now over a year since I last dyed my hair and quite a few months since all of the colour grew out. I really love the varied shades from silver to charcoal and, although the texture of my hair is still very thin and fine, I feel happy with the “new me”.
I went a bit mad with leopard print today! Probably very over the top, but it felt like a fun look and several people stopped me and admired my amazing shoes…
- Brown suede jacket – Wallis.
- Leopard print cotton top – Lands’ End.
- Beige cotton chinos – Lands’ End.
- Leopard print pony skin shoes – Duo Boots.
- Caramel and brown leather handbag – Peony and Moore (no longer trading).
- Gold leaf shaped earrings.
- Animal print enamel and gold bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Silk scarf, 90cm, in brown, purple, sepia and purple – La Femme aux Semelles de Vent – Hermès. Bias fold using a MaiTai horn shawl ring.
After my haircut, I went to the Sonrisa Boutique to pick up a pretty brooch, which I will show you on Thursday. The staff really use social media well and took a photo of me which they posted on Facebook, with my permission. I am uploading it here so you can see the whole outfit, including the wonderful shoes! (Sorry about the tum, she took the photo so fast that I didn’t have time to suck it in!!!!).
Now I am going to start a new book from my library pile. Reading roundup post tomorrow, I hope.