The weather has continued to be crisp and sunny for the last few days and I was able to go for a walk around the block this afternoon. I needed to post a birthday card, so decided to take it to the post box myself instead of relying on either of my chaps.
Elder Son’s outfit for the wedding on Saturday was a great success with his friends – they told him that he looked “dashing”! He looked absolutely wonderful as he left the house and he reported back that he had a great time. Although he was very nervous about attending this kind of event, he managed very well indeed. He wore a black jacket and trousers, new black leather shoes, a very nice white shirt and a lovely blue tie. Apparently, he kept telling everyone that the tie was made of silk! So proud of him 💗💕💖💕💗
My outfit today was based on my first ever expensive designer scarf purchase: this Ianthe design from Liberty of London. It goes well with a lot of autumnal colours, such as this bright teal twinset.
- Bright teal cotton mix short sleeved top – Lands’ End.
- Bright teal cotton mix cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Navy cotton joggers – Cotton Traders.
- Bronze Art Nouveau style earrings. These echo the sinuous swirls of the scarf.
- Peacock snake skin and pale gold bracelet – Aspinal.
- Silk scarf, 90cm, in blue, burgundy, green, orange and pink – Ianthe – Liberty. I placed the scarf into a bias fold and then tied it like a conventional tie.