Well, I made it, but only just. I woke up feeling really horrible, but I was determined to get to my hair appointment and Lovely Husband was equally determined to get me there. As visitors may know already, I just love having my hair done. I have my appointments about six to seven weeks apart and really look forward to the transformation, even though it doesn’t last very long. As I only wash my hair twice a week these days, my new hairdo does last a bit longer than when I was younger. Up until about five years ago, my hair was very greasy and I had to wash it every day, but one of the compensations of age and retirement is that I am no longer a slave to daily shampooing!
Anyway, here is the before and after collage. Once again, my grey hair doesn’t photograph well and it looks loads better in real life (it does, I promise!).
And here is the collage for today’s outfit:
- Grey cashmere short sleeved jumper – John Lewis.
- Purple cashmere and merino long cardigan – WoolOvers. I don’t have an image of this at the moment, but it has pockets and three-quarter sleeves which really showcase bracelets or bangles.
- Purple suede ankle boots – Duo Boots.
- Indigo jeans – Cotton Traders.
- Amethyst and silver earrings – Blue Nile.
- Multicoloured enamel and rose gold Hera bangle – Liberty of London. I always wear my Skagen watch in rose gold, mother of pearl and crystal on my left wrist, so this bangle mirrors the rose gold finish.
- Purple and grey lacquered horn pendant – Quecraft via Etsy.
At my last appointment, I had promised to show my hairdresser the purple boots that I was planning to buy, so I had to wear them today. Afterwards, I wanted to go to my favourite boutique in town, but I wasn’t well enough to walk that far and, instead, went into Sainsbury’s. They are having a 25% off sale on their clothing and accessories, so I had a good browse and came home with three items. I will try them on tomorrow, all being well, and will probably show you my purchases in Thursday’s post.
Reading Roundup post tomorrow!