As I wore the lovely Hermès’ Persepolis scarf by the designer Sophie Koechlin on Friday, I thought that I would change to another of her designs today: Les Secrets de Minos. The colours of this scarf are closer to my usual choices – navy, with several shades of blue together with green, brown, beige and orange.
A lot of my newer cashmere items are ready for a gentle wash, so I dug out some well worn pieces today. I love the cosy and warm feeling of cashmere against my skin and how light it is. Mind you, the battle against the dreaded moths continues! When it comes to that fight, my weapons and armour consist of good quality clothes covers and moth repellant (from Lakeland) in my wardrobe. For my heavier jumpers in wool and cashmere, which I store in drawers, I save the plastic cases that often come with the purchase of pillows, duvets and other household linens. These are perfect and work very well.
- Navy cashmere v-neck jumper – Marks and Spencer. Image is of a similar item.
- Navy cashmere and merino v-neck cardigan – WoolOvers. Image is of a similar item.
- Navy cotton stretch cord trousers – Lands’ End.
- Crystal and gold earrings.
- Bluebell enamel and gold Chain bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Silk scarf, 90cm, in navy, blue, green, brown, beige and orange – Les Secrets de Minos – Hermès. Yes, I used the cowboy cowl knot again, but this time I tucked the corner into the v-neck of my jumper.
I have an appointment with my hairdresser tomorrow, so really hope that I am well enough to go. If I feel fit, I will try to walk across town to my favourite boutique to see if I can seek out something nice. A little pick-me-up!