Apologies for the lack of a post yesterday. I was simply too ill to concentrate. Luckily, I am feeling a lot better today, so I will try to write as coherently as possible.
The sun has been shining brightly here in the English Midlands for some days and the world outside looks beautiful. Lovely Husband is glued to the cricket on the TV and that reminded me of my Liberty of London scarf: The Laws of the Game of Cricket. It is an old 70cm in a very soft ivory silk with the design in a pale blue. The centre shows a drawing of a cricket match with the “Laws” written around the edge. I bought it for a song on eBay, but have since seen it offered for over £200! I wonder if it will ever sell.
- White cotton crew neck t-shirt – Sainsbury’s Tu.
- Cobalt cotton mix crew neck cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Navy cotton joggers – Cotton Traders.
- White and blue ceramic and silver Chinese style earrings – Emma Amies via Etsy.
- Silk scarf, 70cm, in ivory and pale blue – The Laws of the Game of Cricket – Liberty of London. Tied using a MaiTai horn scarf ring.
Another thing I have to do this afternoon is set up my new laptop. My old one was so slow that I could cook a meal whilst waiting for it to load. Even though I don’t use it very often, as I tend to rely on my iPad as I am in bed so much, we do need one family machine. So, I ordered an inexpensive laptop which arrived this morning. I hope the setup goes well!
When I have finished that, I will begin my new book. Hopefully, I will be well enough to write the usual Reading Roundup post tomorrow.
PS. I have written about the Laws if the Game of Cricket scarf before and you may find this post interesting.