Well, you have to laugh! I have worn only pyjamas all week, apart from yesterday, when I actually put on some proper clothes 😂. I thought that I would be able to go out for a while with Lovely Husband, but I felt too nervous to leave the house, so I have stayed indoors all week.
My days are very repetitive, since I had the stroke:
- Wake up around 6.00 to 7.30 and quickly eat a banana (prevents me from being sick).
- Breakfast about 8.00 – porridge and tea (gallons!).
- Huge pile of meds 10.00.
- Downstairs 11.00 to 11.30. Sit in lounge with LH and watch some recorded TV programmes.
- Lunch 12.00 with another gallon of tea.
- Try to do a little housework – very simple and easy stuff, then perhaps more TV.
- Back to bed about 14.30. Read as best I can, watch TV on the iPad, listen to audiobooks and drink more tea.
- Snack around 16.00 – more tea (really!) plus an apple and a small piece of cheese.
- Dinner at 18.30-ish – in bed watching TV.
- More meds at 21.00 and 22.00. And more tea… probably.
- Return to iPad for further entertainment until bedtime at any time up to 12.00.
Of course, this is interspersed with visits to the bedroom from Elder Son (frequently, on his days off), who wants attention/entertainment/comfort; from LH for chats or an afternoon snooze (we are getting old!).
Let’s hope my eyesight improves and I feel safe enough to leave the house next week. In the meantime – thank goodness for my iPad!
For some reason, I put on some clothes yesterday in an attempt to feel more normal. This was the outfit:
- Cobalt blue, v-neck, long sleeved, cotton top – Lands’ End.
- Navy jeans – Klass.
- Cobalt blue crystal earrings – Sonrisa Boutique.
- Blue and white enamel and gold “Owl” bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Blue, grey and white silk scarf – Hera – Liberty of London. Tied in a simple bias fold.
The top, one of two that I bought a month or so ago, is a lovely and versatile addition to my wardrobe. It will be useful between seasons and I will wear it both with and without an additional cardigan or jumper, or even in bed!
Anyway, that’s all for now. I hope that you have a great weekend and huge thanks to those of you who have left such lovely messages on this blog or on other sites. You are really helping to keep my spirits up (so I expect my husband and son are very grateful to you too!).
Love, thanks and best wishes!