I said that I would wear my new scarf today and here it is! As I am planning to write a proper Scarf of the Moment post as soon as I have enough material for it, I won’t share every photo at this point, but here it is with today’s outfit:
- Bright navy, cotton mix, short-sleeved top – Lands’ End.
- Bright navy, cotton mix, cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Indigo jeans – Cotton Traders.
- Navy enamel and gold bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Silver, cobalt and bronze resin earrings. These go beautifully with the scarf 💕.
- Navy, blue, green, brown and beige silk 90cm scarf – Les Secrets de Minos – Hermès. Tied in my favourite way in an asymmetric wrap.
As you may already know, I have a BA and an MA in Ancient History and Archaeology. When I was in my second undergraduate year, we had to go on a six week study tour. My group went from Venice, via Florence and Rome, to the heel of Italy and then by ferry to Greece. We stayed in Athens for a while, then we went to Crete before island hopping for a couple of weeks. After this, we travelled around the Peloponnese. Looking back, it was a totally amazing trip and we experienced so much and saw some incredible architecture, art and scenery.
So you can see why I wanted to own this scarf as it shows parts of the wonderful frescoes from Knossos, the centre of the Minoan civilisation. As I said, I will expand on this at a later date.
Hope you all have a great weekend.