All is well! Lovely Husband is back home, looking like a pirate with an eye-patch. The lads still have a toy parrot and they did suggest that he could add it to his accessories for a while, but that was declined 😄.
Younger Son drove his Dad to the local hospital this afternoon for the operation (cataract removal) and was intending go alone to pick him up afterwards. Apparently, LH was working out the odds on me going along too. Of course, he was entirely correct as, when the nurse rang to say we could set off, I jumped out of bed, flung my jeans on and was out of the door in minutes! Then I sat, wheezing, in the car on the way to the hospital and was very wobbly when I got out of the car.
Anyway, thanks to everyone on FB who helped me to stop panicking last night. We have full aftercare instructions and, hopefully, LH will soon be his usual self again.
- Purple cotton mix short-sleeved top – Lands’ End.
- Purple cotton mix cardigan – Lands’ End.
- Indigo jeans – Cotton Traders.
- Turquoise and purple soutache earrings – via Etsy.
- Purple enamel and gold chain bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Silk scarf, 90cm, in turquoise, purple, brick and beige – La Promenade de Platon – Hermès. In a simple bias fold tie.
It has been so hot today that I actually took off the scarf and cardigan. Such a gorgeous day! I hope it is as nice tomorrow as I will try to go out for a short walk, if I am able.