I used to wear red quite a lot, in my younger days. Red dresses for parties, a big red cotton slouchy jumper, red shoes, red earrings, a red handbag. Red really suited me. My favourite dress was a gorgeous full-skirted Laura Ashley in red with a floral pattern (you can see it below). I also had one red scarf from Accessorize, which I have shown on here before. Nowadays, however, I hardly ever wear red and I have not included it into my colour scheme. Some time ago, I bought an Hermès Persepolis on impulse in shades of red – here is my Scarf of the Moment post about it.
So, today I decided to try my Persepolis with an old cherry red cashmere jumper. This is a very pretty design with three quarter sleeves and a low round neckline. I have been very keen on wearing my scarves in the cowboy cowl knot this week and as this scarf tie works well with v and round necklines, I decided to use it again today. I wanted to keep my neck warm!
Anyway, I think this is quite a successful outfit. Although I don’t have anything else in red left in my wardrobe, I am glad that I have hung onto this jumper. What do you think?
- Cherry red cashmere round neck jumper – Pure Collection. I don’t have a separate image of this for the collage.
- Navy cotton joggers – Cotton Traders. If we had gone out I would have changed into jeans and my navy suede ankle boots.
- Gold Horus earrings.
- Red enamel and gold Geometric bangle – Halcyon Days.
- Silk scarf, 90cm, in reds, teal, yellow, lilac and orange – Persepolis – Hermès. Tied in a cowboy cowl knot.
- Red lipstick. Absolutely vital with this outfit!
By the way, you can easily change the cowboy cowl knot into a straight cowl by either tucking the loose corner fabric into your jumper neckline or inside the cowl part of the scarf itself. You can see the effect below. Please excuse the colours; the photo was taken later in the afternoon and the light had changed.
I am feeling rather pleased with myself as I managed to go for a walk around the block this afternoon after I took a letter to the Post Office. Maybe I can do the same again very soon.
I hope that you all have a great weekend.