Every Friday I am hoping to be able to write out my exercise levels from the week before and perhaps any relevant comments about my diet. I will measure myself every four weeks and wait until my November hospital appointment to be weighed.
It was not a good week, as far as exercise was concerned. I had coughing attacks and was generally weak and ill, with my motivation at rock bottom. On a more positive note, I was able to get out of the house on three days and one of these “excursions” did involve me driving myself, instead of relying on family members. Also, I did keep to my diet with no relapses at all. I didn’t know that I had enough will power to avoid all “naughty” treats!
Exercise last week
- Woke up extremely early and had to take Elder Son to catch train. Couldn’t get back to sleep when I returned.
- Felt ill all day and stayed in bed.
- Massive coughing attack in the night. Ill all day and spent most of it in bed.
- Managed a few small tasks, but very little.
- Very weak and ill all day.
- Much better day. I drove myself to the hairdressers in the morning and also had a walk around the supermarket.
- Organised a few tasks.
- Went to doctor’s appointment in the morning. Felt very dizzy with low blood pressure.
- Some household tasks.
- Weak and ill all day again, although did help with some housework.
- Was taken to the Library today, so did walk a little. Very little sleep the night before, but did try to keep going.
My plan for next week is to try to regain some motivation for my walks around the block. Even doing those short walks made me feel better about myself in weeks one and two, so I hope I can be well enough to pick myself up again and get going. Wish me luck!
Anyway, I will post my next update on Friday.