Every Friday I am hoping to be able to write out my exercise levels from the week before and perhaps any relevant comments about my diet. I will measure myself every four weeks and wait until my November hospital appointment to be weighed.
Well, this week has been spectacularly unsuccessful on the exercise front! I have been too ill to walk anywhere and have spent most of each day in bed, apart from a few hours watching TV or doing a little housework. This is hitting me hard and I feel very low, but I have to pull myself up and try to remain cheerful. I will try!
Exercise last week
- Felt ill all day and stayed in bed.
- Ill all day and spent most of it in bed.
- Bad coughing and choking in the night. Kept being woken up by coughing.
- Very weak and ill all day.
- Woke up feeling stronger. Went for a walk around the block. Unfortunately, had to slow down as I was struggling with breathing and pain in left ankle.
- On arriving home, I had to sit down for quite a while as I was wheezing badly.
- LH has recommended that I avoid exercise for a while until he thinks I am well enough to resume.
- In bed all day.
- In bed most of the day apart from a couple of hours downstairs.
- In bed all day. Managed a couple of household tasks.
One good thing is that I can report that I have kept to my diet. Apart from a meal cooked for me by Elder Son, which was a bit too high in fat, I have not strayed from my original plan. So I can at least take some comfort from that. Even if I don’t manage to lose any weight, I can try to avoid gaining any, I hope.
Anyway, I will post my next update on Friday.